Please join us in welcoming an exciting new member of the team, Patrick Metcalf! Real estate is all in the family for Patrick, who joins us with extensive real estate knowledge and a strong focus on customer service. Says Davidson Realty President Sherry Davidson, “Having grown up entrenched in local real estate and earning strong credentials, Patrick has a great knowledge base. We are glad to have him on our team.”
Born and raised in Jacksonville, Patrick has called St. Johns County home since he was eight years old. He learned about the real estate field from his mother, a Realtor, and father, a real estate attorney. Patrick graduated Summa Cum Laude with a bachelor’s degree in Real Estate and Finance from Florida State University. While still an undergrad, he became a licensed real estate agent and held two internships with local real estate development firms. (more…)
Tis the season! There’s so much to be thankful for this year, including our Jacksonville Realtors being on track to surpass our company goal of $90 million in closings. November was a solid month for our agents, bringing in $6.2 million in sales and $7.2 million in closings. Congratulations to Pauline Cake, Woody Cake, Suzy Evans and Mirtha Barzaga for topping the sales and closings chart!
Our Top Listing Agents for November are Pauline Cake and her husband Woody Cake. Pauline and Woody had $1.1 million in listings sold and total sales of $2.3 million. It’s no surprise our World Golf Village experts sold two of their own listings in World Golf Village’s King & Bear community. They also sold their own listing in Samara Lakes. Out of their three buyer sales, two were in World Golf Village (one in The Cascades, World Golf Village’s premier active adult community, and the other in the King & Bear). Pauline and Woody’s third buyer sale was in South Hampton off of CR 210. (more…)
My Veal Saltimbocca recipe is one of my favorites. I’ve been making it for over 20 years and it’s one of my family’s favorites.
- 1 lb. – 1.5 lbs. of thin sliced veal (Publix always carries this)
- 1 Package sliced mozzarella cheese (10-12 slices)
- 2 Packages of sliced mushrooms
- 2 Packages of Prosciutto (Publix carries by pre-cut deli meats) (more…)
Get your tickets for the chance to win the vacation of your dreams! Davidson Cares’ is now selling vacation raffle tickets for a chance to win $2500 for travel, including airfare, accommodations and entertainment for the trip you and your family want to take. Are you thinking about taking the kids to visit the grandparent’s this summer? What about a family trip to Disney, a relaxing retreat to the mountains or a girl’s trip to Vegas? You pick the place and we provide the funds!
You could win $2500 towards a vacation for you and your family, while supporting our local schools at the same time! The raffle is conducted by Davidson Cares, the corporate giving program of Davidson Realty and the Davidson Companies. Davidson Cares supports local St. Johns County Schools, including Wards Creek Elementary, Mill Creek Elementary, Palencia Elementary and Pacetti Bay Middle School. All proceeds will go to the four schools mentioned above. (more…)
This month I analyzied the Northeast Florida Association of Realtors‘ real estate trends for October 2013.
There were 29% more contracts written (pending sales) in October than the previous year. We are up 26% year to date in the Northeast Florida market area.
Closings were 7% less in October compared to the previous year; however, we have 23% more closings year to date than last year. It is interesting to look a little deeper because the lender-mediated closings dropped 25% from 706 last October to 533 this year. Traditional closings were up 8% from 891 closings last October to 959 this year. Lender-mediated closings were only 36% of total closings in October compared to 44% last October. It is very encouraging to see less distressed properties and more normal closings. The median sales price of $158,865 is up 16% over last October and prices are up 16% year to date. (more…)